These 10 garage door facts prove that the garage door on your home does a lot more than just go up and down multiple times a day. Your garage is much more than a spot to park your car. It’s also a place to store extra stuff in your home, keep tools and also use as a location to work on projects. Besides these obvious facts below are 10 additional garage door facts.
10 Fascinating Garage Door Facts
- It’s been studied and the average amount of times a day a garage goes up and down is 3 to 5 times. That means each year your door is hitting 1500 up and down cycles. This also creates lots of wear and tear on parts so make sure to schedule a garage door inspection at least once a year.
- One of the hardest working parts is the spring. A garage door torsion spring work under heavy pressure and have a life-span of about 9-10 years. How long the spring lasts also depends on how many times the door gets used each day.
- If you have ever wondered how a long a garage door lasts the answer is about 20 years. This figure depends on the climate you live in and also how often the garage door gets serviced and maintained.
- Many homeowners especially here in the Greater Austin area us the garage as entry to their home. In fact they’re not the only ones, 55% of homeowners across the nation do the same thing.
- Speaking of percentages, the Wall Street Journal asked people in a survey about parking and 47% said it was the most vital function of their garage. This is of course a safety concern and helps prevent any break-ins to your vehicle if it were parked outside on the street or in the driveway.
- When put side by side with other types of improvement projects, having a new garage door installed brings the biggest ROI (97.5%). Get a new door installed (especially if the old one is showing its age) if selling your home.
- The latest garage door openers Wi-Fi capability and will also notify you anytime you forget to close the door. With a push of a button on your phone from any location you can close (and also) open your door. New openers today have security and safety features as well making them a perfect replacement for older models.
- If your someone who likes to save money and keep energy costs down (who doesn’t) an insulated garage door will do just that. If thinking of a renovation project that also includes converting your garage to a living space an insulated door is essential. These doors will keep the heat in during winter and provide a cool space during hot summers.
- A garage door is great way to boost the curb appeal of your home. No matter what look you are going for. From contemporary, carriage house, modern and wood garage doors it’s east to find a garage door to fit your style.
- When it comes to garage door facts we saved the most vital for last. If installing a new garage door it’s best to hire professionals. If you’re someone that likes to go the DIY route this not the job for you. Garage doors cause many deaths and injuries each year with many times having a child involved.
We hope our garage door facts have given you a better understanding of the garage door on your home. Alliance Overhead Door highly is reviewed garage door company that offers trusted garage door repair and installation services in the Greater Austin area. Our trucks are stocked with all major parts need to complete a repair. Our garage door technicians are also available 24/7 for any emergency repair services. We provide free estimates and will help you fix, install or repair your garage door or opener. anytime.