We put together 5 great garage door tune-up tips that we think every Greater Austin homeowner should use. Every fall we get asked how to properly maintain a garage door In the fall season when temps start to drop. Besides pulling out the long sleeve shirts and sweater fall is also a good time to do check up on your garage to make sure it doesn’t become faulty during the winter months.
Like most folks and especially if your home has an attached garage, you use your garage on a daily basis. With all that use over time, it may not be easy to spot slight changes that can affect how your door opens and closes. Visually checking the parts closely can help find out if your garage door needs a repair. So fall is a good time for Greater Austin homeowners to take a closer look at the door and opener to make sure everything is as it should be.
5 Garage Door Tune-Up Tips for Fall
- Often as time goes by the garage panels of your door may become bent or warped. This could be from a small accident like bumping into the garage with your car or kids playing in the driveway.
- Excessive wear and tear also can lead to other issues too. Inspect these parts and also remember to listen for any new loud creaks or sounds while the door goes up and down. hearing weird new sounds could mean there is a larger problem that needs a closer look.
- Roller, and hinges, and other moving garage door parts should be checked for proper lubrication. Also look to see if any cracking, chipping, or rusting is occurring. If so the worn part will need to be replaced.
- Does your home have an Insulated garage door? These types of doors extend the life-span of your garage and its parts from colder weather conditions.
- Make sure to clean the garage opener sensors and also realign if needed. Having your door open and close as it should and preventing accidents is vital so check that sensor! Plus who wants to get out of their car in the rain and fiddle with the garage if the sensors are not working correctly.
We hope these garage door tune-up tips keep your door opening and closing freely with no needs of repairs or adjustment all through fall. If you do need assistance with a faulty door or opener our company offers fast same-day services to all of Greater Austin.